What should I put in my treasure basket?
Ideally, items are put in a wicker basket, that is not too deep, so your baby can easily reach into it. If you havent got one, dont worry, you can just put the items out for your baby to explore.
Ideas for your basket...
- fir cones, shells, large stones, feathers, loofahs, pumice stone, fruit
- wooden clothes pegs, curtain rings, scrubbing brush, pastry brush, wooden spoon, toothbrush
- metal spoon, whisk, bunch of keys, small tins
- ribbon, tennis ball, pieces of material (leather, suede, velvet)
- cardboard tubes, egg boxes
Leave out any item you feel is unsafe for your baby. Only use things you feel comfortable with.
What age does my baby need to be?
Ideally, your baby needs to be able to sit up on their own.
Treasure baskets are suitable for babies until they are able to walk. Once your baby is walking you will need to remove heavy items from your basket, as older children tend to throw them! If you think it might be dangerous then remove it.